DAN’S DAN DAN CHILLI NOODLES
- 300g pork mince
- ½ tbsp Shaoxing Rice Wine
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sichuan Peppercorns
- 1-2 tbsp of Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp of chilli paste
- 1lt chicken stock
- I packet of Udon noodles
- 3 tbsp of sesame seeds toasted
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
- Marinade the pork mince in rice wine, soy sauce and sesame oil for a minimum of 15 mins.
- Fry the garlic and ginger in the rice bran oil for a few seconds.
- Add the mince and your marinade mix along with the Sichuan peppercorns and cook for 5 mins.
- Add Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce and the chilli paste to taste.
- Add your chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the noodles and return to a simmer.
- Taste and adjust your seasoning.
- Serve with a splash of sesame oil, some toasted sesame seeds, spring onions and a few coriander leaves.