HUFFMAN’S BEEF & CRACKED-WHEAT KOFTAS
This middle-eastern classic is a spicy treat that is very easy to prepare. This unique combination of flavours starts with the aroma of ground cumin, followed by the meatiness of the beef mince and creamy texture provided by the bulgur wheat. Tying this all together is the smoky warmth brought by the Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce. A great dish for when you are catering for a crowd.
- 600g beef mince
- 200g bulgur wheat – coarse, soaked in boiling water per packet instructions
- 1 red onion – chopped finely
- ½ cup Parsley – chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 2 tbsp Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp sea salt – coarse
- 2 tsp cumin – ground
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients together and work, or knead for a few minutes to develop the protein
- Roll into balls and thread onto skewers and bake or fry loose in a pan until golden brown.
- Finish briefly in the oven
- Serve with flat breads, dips such as hummus, tzatziki or baba ganoush, herby salads & more of the delicious Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce.