HUFFMAN’S BLOODY MARY BURGERS
- 300g of beef mince
- 300g of sausage meat
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp horseradish paste
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 bunch parsley, washed well
- 2-4 tbsp of Huffman’s Chilli pepper Hot Sauce to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcerstershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 to 1 1/4-inch piece horseradish root, freshly grated
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 4 good bread buns, ciabatta rolls, or thick slices of baguette
- A few romaine lettuce leaves
- A few tomatoes, sliced
- A little canola or olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Huffman’s Bloody Mary Ketchup to taste
- Mix together the beef mince and sausage meat with the tomato paste, horseradish paste, celery seeds, parsley, Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, salt and a generous grind of pepper. Form into four thick patties, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- To make your horseradish dressing mix the grated horseradish root or paste (if you cant find fresh Horseradish) along with the vinegar and crème fraiche and season with a little salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Remove the patties from the fridge and allow to return to room temperature and then grill or fry in oil on a high heat until cooked; for medium-rare give each side 3-4 minutes. Then rest.
- Toast the bread buns, then top with lettuce and tomato and a generous dollop of the horseradish dressing.
- Add the burgers and top with a dollop of Huffman’s Bloody Mary ketchup and if you’re feeling particularly extravagant add some crisp fried streaky bacon and a pickle or two!