HUFFMAN’S CLASSIC SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN
- 4 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tbsp of Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beer or water
- 3 cups of vegetable oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut into portions
- In a bowl mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, and the smoked paprika.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks, Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce and beer; you may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 175c. Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.
- Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer.
- Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.
- Adjust seasoning and serve hot with your choice of sides.