HUFFMAN’S FAMOUS CHICKEN HOT WINGS
- Crust ingredients:
- 1kg chicken wings
- 150g self-raising flour
- 15g cornflour
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of onion and garlic powder
- Place dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir well with a whisk to distribute evenly.
- Place half the flour preparation into another bowl large enough to hold all the wings.
- Add the chicken wings and thoroughly dredge them in the flour to coat liberally all over Leave for 5 minutes.
- Mix again, adding more flour mixture, if required, to separate and coat the wings.
- Half fill deep fryer baskets and shake to remove excess flour from wings. Deep fry in batches until well coloured, crispy and just cooked.
- Drain well and cool.
COATING BUTTER INGREDIENTS:
- 3 tbsp Butter – melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3 tbsp Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 clove of garlic– peeled and roughly chopped
- Blend the garlic with some of the Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Sauce until smooth.
- With blender running, add butter slowly to emulsify, then add your remaining Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce.
- Portion your prepared chicken wings and deep fry as required until they turn golden brown and float.
- Keep a medium sized stainless bowl in a warm place to melt coating butter.
- Place 3 tablespoons coating butter in the stainless bowl and add cooked wings.
- Toss together making sure the chicken is drowning in the coating butter.
- Place wings into a serving bowl using tongs to minimize excess coating butter.
- Garnish with fresh cucumber batons.