HUFFMAN’S SPICY BEEF BOLOGNAISE
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg beef – minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup onion and celery – diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of Huffman’s Bloody Mary Ketchup
- ½ bottle White wine (375 ml)
- 2 x 400g cans peeled tomatoes – drained and chopped
- 750 ml water or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp basil and oregano
- 5 tbsp Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce
- Sea salt to taste
- Fry beef with 2/3 of the olive oil and a pinch of salt and generous grind of pepper in a wide pot until browned, season well to taste, stir often using a whisk to break meat up.
- Remove to a bowl and drain any residual fat from your browned mince.
- Add the vegetables to your pot with remaining oil and sweat gently until tender.
- Add tomato paste, Huffman’s Bloody Mary Ketchup, and white wine. Raise the heat and reduce until thickened coating the vegetables occasionally.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook briefly to get rid of excess moisture, 2-3 min
- Add water or chicken stock and the cooked beef mince.
- Cook until thickened, 30 min or so.
- Season with herbs, Huffman’s Chilli Pepper Hot Sauce to taste.
- Serve with freshly cooked spaghetti and a sprinkling of chopped flat leaf parsley.